Re: Has anyone heard from kwaw?

Hello!

I am OK. My f/b account and others [such as email accounts] were hacked and I was no longer able to access them. I have had to set up a new f/b account [Stephen Man Gan] as I can no longer access the other. A few days after the hack my computer 'died' and because of the make/model not being common here I had to wait for parts from Istanbul and was without internet access for several weeks.

I was not affected by the big earthquake directly as it was in the east and I live on the west coast. However several of my close friends who moved here originally came from that area and have lost family members. One of my friends has lost 37 members of his family alone. There are two hotels here in Kusadasi that are housing some of the displaced. I have been involved 4/5 sometimes 6 days a week with local events raising money & providing support services for those displaced here until such time as they can be rehoused and support themselves again, and so have not had much time, interest nor inclination to catch up or participate in the various internet groups I usually involve myself with.

Thankyou for your concern, hopefully I shall be back on board before too long.

SteveM