A journey through the history of the Temperance card

Hello Tarot history friends. It is a pleasure for me to announce my next page in the series about the historical development of the individual Tarot trumps. The new page is the first in a series of three dealing with the virtues. On this page I present to you how the imagery of the Temperance card developed from the late Middle Ages up until today. Huck asked me to place links in Bianca's garden, I will do so when I finish the series, normally before the end of this year. You can find the page on the following address: https://tarotwheel.net/history/the%20in ... antia.html

Re: A journey through the history of the Temperance card

If you really wish to engage with anyone on this board, instead of just dropping links about stuff that has already been gnawed on to death here (e.g., the most interesting Temperance of an otherwise boring tarot subject is the Alessandro Sforza one, discussed in some detail here: viewtopic.php?p=14581#p14581 ) you might consider researching this board's posts (upper right dialogue box) to see how your thoughts might add something novel (or not) to what already exists here.

Re: A journey through the history of the Temperance card

Dear Phaeded,
Thanks for your comments. Before crushing a post, you have to take into account where the link is all about. It is not a page that discusses the why and how of the Temperance card, nor about its interpretation in different spreads. It is a page that discusses the development of its imagery through time and its relation to Medieval and Renaissance art. This has a certain value for some people, who uses my pages about the individual trump cards as a quick reference for its historical context.