New Book: The Secret of the Tarot

"THE SECRET OF THE TAROT: How The Story of The Cathars Was Concealed in The Tarot of Marseilles".
the book looks at the historical events and personalities surrounding the demise of the 13th century cathars, along with their spiritual messages, and its connection to the developement of the tarot trumps. the author also interprets the images of each card within this context.
soon to be available. you can preview parts of the book by going to: http://thesecretofthetarot.com
Last edited by foolish on 29 Sep 2010, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

Re: New Book: The Secret of the Tarot

thanks for your interest, debra. one of the things i hope readers of this book will find interesting is not just the historical background, but more so the way the interpretation of the cards' imagery fits into that context. this, of course is open to interpretation, but it's an area in which i have enjoyed investigating.

Hello all,

Two days ago I just received my exemplary I ordered 11 days ago.
I started reading it.
For one time an english written book is talking about Tarot of Marseille pattern deck: A not so frequent moment.

Salutations from France Marseille

Yves L M
Personne n'est au dessus de l'obligation de dire la vérité.
Nobody is above obligation to tell truth.

The book got heavy critics, when it appeared (2010), especially from persons with some understanding of Tarot history. Discussions about it you can find in the material of Aeclectic Tarot, a forum, which was closed two years ago (the texts are still online). "Robert Swyrin" was the author, the name should lead you to the texts in the search engines.
The second title was "How the Story of the Cathars was Concealed in the Tarot of Marseilles". A major problem is, that for the time of the Cathars it is very difficult to prove the existence of playing cards in Europe. And it is very difficult to prove anything of the Tarot de Marseille type earlier than 1500.
Huck
http://trionfi.com

Huck wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 12:54 The book got heavy critics, when it appeared (2010), especially from persons with some understanding of Tarot history. Discussions about it you can find in the material of Aeclectic Tarot, a forum, which was closed two years ago (the texts are still online). "Robert Swyrin" was the author, the name should lead you to the texts in the search engines.
The second title was "How the Story of the Cathars was Concealed in the Tarot of Marseilles". A major problem is, that for the time of the Cathars it is very difficult to prove the existence of playing cards in Europe. And it is very difficult to prove anything of the Tarot de Marseille type earlier than 1500.
I think this fellow ronaldCof must be a bot. Upping threads from years ago is a typical action. Their posts seem relevant at first glance, but when you look closely they are generic.

If he doesn't respond coherently within 24 hours, I'll delete him.