5. BONNE FORTUNE. Mercury
6. MAUVAISE FORTUNE. Sun
7. ANGLE D'OCCIDENT. Moon
8. MAISON DE MORT. Saturn
9. MAISON DE DIEU. Jupiter
10. LE COEUR DU CIEL. Mars
11. LE BON ANGE. Venus
12. MALIN ESPRIT. Mercury
The system is of 1556 and it's a printed source, the approach is, that it is from Jean de Meung (so would be much earlier, if correct). After 1556 it was variously reprinted.

Le dodechedron de fortune, liure non moins plaisant et recreatif, que subtil et ingenieux entre tous les ieux et passetemps de fortune, autrefois compose par Jean le Meun pour le Roy Charles V. et mis en lumiere par F.G.L. (Franc. Grujet Lochois" ... probably Francois Grujet of Loches in the Toraine ..."). Paris. Vinc. Sertenas (or Gilles Robinet) 1556."
Huck
http://trionfi.com

Re: The Tower

a)
Le dodechedron de fortune,
Yes, I read your article in aeclectic :)

I said
mmfilesi wrote:The Dodecahedron? ...... Oh nooooo ......
as joke for this:

viewtopic.php?f=11&p=8676#p8318

+++++++++++++++++++

In any case, I think the explanation is more easy. I suspect (it's a working hypothesis) the term House of God refers to:

a) The expulsion from Paradise, or the inner fire - not seeing God (in Spanish this is called Pena de daño, damage penalty).

Or

b) The meteorite ...

But I need documents. :)
When a man has a theory // Can’t keep his mind on nothing else (By Ross)

The text was in the web ... "was" means "translated" at least, and I don't find it in the moment.

... :-) and the card was named "sagitta" first, cause Jupiter had lightnings and these were painted as "sagitta"s

"3 card players were killed in 1303 in Brieg by lightning, after they had dealt the cards" ...

Lightnings were dangerous before Benjamin Franklin. They wrote "Donner- and Hagel- Bücher" to remember such things and they even had song books for these dark hours, when the weather was bad.

Well, naturally it started with a rook first ... :-)
Huck

mmfilesi wrote:a) Lol, yes, but we have an very good Ariadna's thread: google xD.

b) Why is "tower of Babel" and not Babel's tower? I cant understand this fool language :fool
Yes, it's unbelievable, how the search engine changed our reading habit. Indeed an unbelievable labyrinth, bigger than any library, even if you would give it a square kilometer, and often with one intuitive idea you've that, what you are looking for.

I prefer mostly "tower of Babel", cause I imagine, that the sentence is easier understood. But definitely, both are usable.

"Lol, yes, but we have an very good Ariadna's thread"

I'm not totally sure, but this case is difficult:

Lol, yes, but we have an very good Ariadna thread ... right
Lol, yes, but we have an very good thread of Ariadna .... right

Lol, yes, but we have an very good Ariadna's thread ... difficult, but seems possible, but it is slightly a different meaning, as if "Ariadna's thread" is a fixed combination for some reason (as far I see it "Ariadne's thread" is a fixed combination)

If I say:
I have here a Dummett article ... okay
I have here an article of Dummett .. okay
I have here a Dummett's article ... this seems wrong, cause there's an "a" before "Dummett's article" and it can't be a fixed combination, so assumes my more or less only intuitive understanding. ... .-) ... perhaps a real English person could help here.

I have here Dummett's article ... is a correct sentence, but a slightly different meaning, cause there's only
one Dummett article in the situation

But anyway, that's a little "hairsplitting" ... usually English persons aren't so sensible and are used, that their language is ruined by all these foreign speakers .... :-) ... likely soon somebody throws with tomatoes

Anyway, not Ariadna, but "Ariadne" in English ... :-)
Huck